Sunday, August 09, 2009

Ole!

There is something you should know about me. I love Mexican food. I'm not talking "ohh...yeah I could go for a quesadilla" on a casual Saturday, I'm talking plotting out which Mexican restaurant I will go to on which night based on what their forte is, how strong their margaritas are and how many times they will refill your chips, salsa and water before they begin to give you dirty looks. The depth of the menu of a Mexican food restaurant is really just baffling given that most everything consists of the same ingredients: meat, beans, cheese, salsa and then mix it up with some veges, sour cream, guac and rice. And more cheese--because nothing else adds to the quality of a meal like the cheese content. Nonetheless, the options are endless. Quesadilla? Fajitas? Burrito? Taco? Chimi Changas? Nachos? Taquitos? Tostada? It even extends to breakfast with a breakfast burrito or Mexican omelet. It's magical, really.

One thing that really gets me is when people judge your food choice, as if only one of the aforementioned options is truly the best. Without fail, everytime I eat at a Mexican restaurant with a certain friend she proclaims that yes, "Sam LOVES Mexican food...and she thinks its acceptable to eat nachos as a meal (insert tone of absolute disgust like it's actually code for bringing Chinese take-out to the restaurant)." Look, nachos may be on the appetizer menu most of the time but when have you EVER ordered nachos and still had room for your entree without being borderline comatose? Yep. Never. They are huge, everyone always wants some and they blend all the best aspects of Mexican food together.

Next time you are at a Mexican restaurant just try the nachos, skip the entree and tell me you don't feel fantastic.

In addition: I found this on a blog and it is maybe the best pick-up line you could use on me.

No comments: