Monday, August 17, 2009

My Summer, by Sam

Remember in like, elementary school when you'd come back from summer break and have to write an essay (aka a paragraph, what happened to those days?) about your summer? Well, I started classes today so I can do longer deny the reality of school so I have decided to recap my summer by recording the books I've read, whole CDs I've bought and movies I have seen. It if were last summer, I would recap more interesting events like number of time I blacked out or number of boys that I "met" but the juxtaposition of that list with this one just goes to show how much your life can change in one year. So, in nostalgic reflection, here is my list:

Books
"Things I Know Now: Letter to My Younger Self" edited by Ellyn Spragins
"The Abstinence Teacher" by Tom Perrotta
"Everything I know about being a girl I learned from Judy Blume" edited by Jennifer O'Connell
"When You Are Engulfed in Flames" by David Sedaris
"Commencement" by J. Courtney Sullivan
"I Know This Much is True" by Wally Lamb
"I Love You, Beth Cooper" by Larry Doyle
"Blink" by Malcolm Gladwell
2-3 months of the New Yorker
Currently reading: "Somethings Missing" by Matthew Dicks
Next in line: "The First Hour I Believed" by Wally Lamb

Movies
Away We Go
Paperheart
The Hurt Locker
Julie & Julia
Up!
The Hangover
The Ugly Truth
(500) Days of Summer
The Proposal
District 9
Next in line: It Might Get Loud

Whole CDs
Barclona "Absolutes"
Incubus "Moments and Melodies"
Blind Pilot "3 Rounds & a Sound"
Stephen Kellogg "...South of Stephen"
The Gabe Dixon Band "The Gabe Dixon Band"
Jaymay "Autumn Fallin'"
The Avett Brothers "I and Love and You-EP"
Bon Iver "Blood Bank-EP"
Regina Spektor "Far"
(500) Days of Summer Soundtrack
Eric Hutchinson "Sounds Like This"
Mat Kearney "City of Black and White"

That is my list. What about you, infinite abyss of nonexistant readers?

1 comment:

Ali said...

Nice list! I want to do this, though my list will be about half the length of yours. I am lame.